Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Vinayak Chathurthi - Modhak recipe

Modhakam as we know is Lord Ganesha's favorite prasaadam. The modhakam that I knew was what my grandma made - a brown sphere of a homogenous mixture of broken rice, jaggery, dhal, coconut etc. And my mother also made an erukkalam kozhukkatai which has a white rice flour covering with jaggery/dhal/coconut filling inside.
Somehow never tried making either of them but last year, when I came across this 'modhak' which is a Maharashtrian special that looked very artistic, wanted to give it a try for Vinayak Chathurthi which was near approaching.
While I started to prepare on Chathurthi, to my pleasant surprise my neighbor/friend dropped in for  a casual visit...
So handed her the camera (Thanks madam, you are a wonderful camerawoman :) !) with the intention of making a food video some time - a dream for a long time...And it has been fulfilled today after one year at least in time for  Chathurthi this year....
Here is the video - how to make modhak

Hope you like it and find it useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment