Saturday, December 24, 2011

Face Book Pravesham

Stepping into the world of Facebook

Probably because I never felt the need to have a facebook account, I never created one even with the people around me so much into facebook and urging me to join and not be cut off. But seeing them I was also afraid that it would be too much of a distraction and too much of a decision making on whether or not to comment and then self judging if the comment was right or wrong! Also, in general facebook seemed an expression of excitement and was wondering if it will be too much pressure and time-consuming to produce and acknowledge the same.

Anyways, that has already become the past. So far, it never occured - I have only looked at pictures occassionally on my husbad's FB but, yesterday I casually searched for a classmate, I found and then the whole nine yards - friends and friends of friends mostly with information and photos that was public searchable...did not realize that 3 hours had just passed by!

It was a revelation that friends I thought were long lost were just a login away and was sweetly surprised and happy to see the wonderful pictures of them with one or two kids. And could not resist myself signing in so eager to meet them online.

So here I am 'connected' !

1 comment:

  1. Good one shanthi.....finally welcome to the facebook.....The points u have made are right......u get to meet lots of classmates here for free!!(without becoming a member of classmates.com & paying for it!!)But this is also a kind of distraction....so its in our hands as to how we use it...

    ReplyDelete